PRIM is a white-labeled, participant registration intervention management system. Important aspects of PRIM include:
- an appealing home page, meant to grab interest of potential participants
- a process for administrators to personalize the content and facade of the intervention site
- content that details the intent and purpose of an intervention
- content that details the eligibility of the intervention
- content that details the funding for the intervention
- contact information for the administrators of the intervention
- resource information for the intervention
- a process for participant registration and screening
The PRIM system currently exists as a RoR application, designed to act as a hub for a variety of intervention sites. As participant registration occurs on the PRIM front end
, the participant data is persisted into PAPI, a central and secure repository
. The justification for a central data repository is the requirement to track participants across multiple interventions, aiding in decisions to allow or deny participant access.
Although the participant registration is the central focus of PRIM, ease of administration is an essential non-functional requirement. An administrator must be able to easily update intervention registration content and be able to change the look and feel. The initial implementation allows for real time updating of the content for administrators and content managers. Currently, Rails Admin is used to manage participant registration data and to choose the facade or template of the intervention site. The overall structure of the PRIM front end is shown below:
The flexibility of this structure allows for simplicity of the applications. The PRIM front end has only a few major functions and features: an attractive interface, a way for participants to register and be screened, and a quick and easy view for administrators. The PRIM API can be interfaced to create alternative applications with additional features. For instance, an aggregate reporting application could be created to hook into the PAPI for real time data updates.